Thursday, March 10, 2011

Swimming, Lent, and some random stuff.

So many things I could talk about right now.
First off: I am alive. I finished the math mid-term and here I am. 
Second: I think I am the only one who posts anymore. I have my own blog..maybe I should just do this on there?
Third: I think I am kind of into swimming? WHAT? Story Time!!
Lets go back...WAYYY back. To when I was ohhh about 7 years old. 
Its a beautiful summer day, and I am at swimming lessons. Its jumping off the diving board time, and all of the children run to the diving board with excitement. I of course look at my mom, and tears start to form in my eyes. I slowly make my way to the diving board (last in line of course) and await my fate. As I approach the diving board this unnerving feeling comes over me, and somehow even if I had gone potty ten minutes before, my bladder is completely full again, and ready to trickle ever so nicely down my freakishly long legs. {did people know I was wetting my swimming suit? no. My swimming suit was already wet, so it looked natural. At least I hope? haha} Anyway, I now stand on the diving board, pee puddle and all, staring at my swimming instructors. {there were two girls} They swim in the deep end, smiling at me, encouraging me to jump, I begin to grasp my nose, and they tell me to stop, and that they will catch me before my head goes underwater. FALSE. I jump, they dont catch me in time, I go under suck up the entire pool in my nose, and this continues to happen every time diving board time comes along.
What did I gain from these swimming lessons? A greater fear of water. Thank you. 
I am 20 years old, and have to plug my nose. Deal with it people. I doggy paddle just fine.
I would now like to make a shout out to the brilliant people who decided to make nose plugs. Thank you for thinking of the swimmers who have issues.
Well thats what I have done! I bought nose plugs, goggles, and now I can swim like a swimmer.
{looking slightly like a nerd with my nose plug haha}
Fourth: I came to work today and someone told me that today is the first day of LENT, and she asked what I was going to give up. 
I am giving up Fast Food.

For 40 days, I will not be partaking of the big FF. You can tempt me all you want with your delicious fry's and fry-sauce, chicken sandwiches, and even worse the new in N out Burger in Centerville, I wont come near you.
Fifth: I signed up for a triathlon. Who knows if I will even be able to do it. But I signed up anyway.
Sixth: its the Moab 10K not this weekend but the next. {otherwise known as Oxt Saturday}
I'm not sure if I will be able to do that. I am terrified. Dang Asthma!!
Seventh: Lady Gaga is the night of the 10K. Ask me if I am excited to go.
YES I AM SOO FLIPPING EXCITED. Lets play a love game baby.
Eighth: I dont have much more to say except for this~
Never Say Never. :)

$$Peace, Love, and Smile ya sillies!!$$

1 comment: